Waterproof is a technical work, maintenance is a very technical work.
Many owners often think: what's missing is what's missing? It's So easy! But the reality is not as simple as we think.
Headache medicine head, foot pain medicine foot, can not cure the root of the disease. In the process of waterproof maintenance: one location is leaking, which may be caused by multiple leakage points. Similarly, a leakage point may also lead to leakage in several places. This is what we call "one cause, many fruit" and "one cause, many fruit".
The repair method is a typical "blasting" maintenance method. It may be effective in the short term, such as roof leakage, where water is stored in the roof insulation. It is difficult to repair from one point, the water in this house is blocked, and the other one leaks. "beggar thy neighbor" is not a complete solution after all.
Since the leakage, it is necessary to repair the prison, just like the human body, leakage is a wound, leakage is a disability. I don't know where to start with a few more times.
In the face of water leakage, the problem cannot be solved with worry, and the problem cannot be solved with random plugging. Therefore, it is obviously very practical to understand some basic common sense related to water leakage.
The following eight are for your reference only
1. Water leakage is not only possible to move downward, but also flows horizontally.
2. Ordinary cement mortar, most of the surface brick inorganic seam material, concrete micro-cracks, etc., due to capillary action, water seepage or moisture absorption will often be more serious than expected.
3. The aging speed of common waterproof materials is quite fast in the exposed environment. Even if the surface condition short good sealing glue, after a period of time will also produce degumming, cracking and other phenomena. In the long run, gelatinizing is not reliable, especially for the poor quality of the glue.
4. No matter the roof, basement or exterior wall, deformation joints are set for fear of cracks, or partition joints are set for walls. In fact, deformation will be more concentrated on these pre-set stitches, so it is impossible to completely avoid the occurrence of expansion and shrinkage deformation cracks.
5. Water seepage in the basement does not necessarily occur only below the groundwater level, and moisture in the moist soil will also infiltrate into the room through capillary action of concrete cracks or loose concrete, resulting in wet wall.
6. The rain does not leak and the water seeps after the stop of rain, which is because there is less water entering the wall when the light rain falls. After the stop of rain, the water diffuses through evaporation, and there will be no obvious wet mark in the room. When there is a large amount of water in, especially when exposed to the sun after rain, the water stored in the material will spread rapidly, resulting in the surface moisture too late to evaporate and wet spots.
7. Materials such as green tiles, brick walls, mortar and concrete all have certain water permeability, but the difference is only the size of permeability. Why do we not see seepage phenomenon at ordinary times, because of wall material even absorb water and even diffusion, make indoor wall metope did not show apparent color difference, moisture continuously and quickly evaporate, do not see to give centralized seepage phenomenon even.
8. If the condensate problem cannot be improved and solved through waterproof materials, it can be solved by reducing the temperature difference between the wall and the air, reducing the relative humidity of the air, and enhancing ventilation.